Wednesday, August 18, 2021

A Change in Perspective
















From where I was sitting in my office, I glanced at the iPad on a stand nearby and could see a reflection of the window on another side of the room. I stopped to look. It captured a reflection from the mirror on the wall behind me which in turn reflected the view out the window. A reflection of a reflection.

I love this stuff. It was like a new window had opened up unexpectedly in my office bringing a fresh perspective and a change in the energy in the room.

As a kid I would see something from a different angle and pause to imagine what it would feel like to move through a room that seemed backwards. Or upside down. It made a boring day more interesting.

As an adult, I use mirrors to bounce around the light and energy in the house. I have a small mirror angled just a certain way in one room, so I can sit on the sofa and see House Wrens come and go from the the bird house out the back window. 

In the narrow front room, I placed two large mirrors on their sides opposite the front windows. It makes the size of the room seem to double in width, and it gives everyone at the dining table a view out the front.

I especially love it when I get an unexpected glimpse into a same-but-different reality like the reflection on the iPad. Looking at the world from another angle refreshes me.