Sunday, June 26, 2016

Body Wisdom

Pie

If I assume that our bodies are always leaning towards finding balance, then even when our minds overwork with worry or analysis or remembering old sorrows, perhaps this is the body's way of giving us/it a chance to process them, accept them, cry them out, perhaps and then move ahead into a more balanced state.

To take this idea even further, I have found that my body retains extra fluid if I eat too much comfort food. Then tears are closer to the surface making it a good time for me to process the difficult emotions that I'd been using comfort food to soften. Again it's like my body is trying pretty hard for me to do what I need to do to recover some balance.



First published November 2015 in my free monthly email newsletter, Starry Night. Sign up here.